Friday, August 15, 2008

Opinions are like.... well everyone has one, so it goes. I blog therefore I hope to have many. Else I may have little to say. There is someone drilling just outside my office and I say I want to kill them, there is someone next to me who wont stop mummbling and I say I want to kill them too, but I never actually really do! We are influenced by our surroundings and those that protest loudly they are not are often the most influenced of all. We think therefore we are, but what moulds our thinking? The Daily Mail, the PS3 game, the ITV news? Our friends around us, our parents, the schools we attend?

Batman the Dark knight, is perhaps the best new film i have seen this year, but would I let a 12 year old child see it? Well not me and my friends when we were 12. Was it a different age then? Not really. Ok, a lot of stuff they are exposed to is worse, but I don't think that can justify it at all.
Children's behaviour is a reflection of their surroundings. Telling them what is right or wrong is not anywhere near enough for the simple reason is they are smarter than us adults they just have less information. So if Grand theft Auto makes one kid turn into a violent moron then who is at fault? The game or the people that let them play it at an age where they are still being moulded? Some boys don't stop squeeking till they are 16+ so they are still at a very vulnerable time.
I'll get radical: Let kids be exposed to sex but not violence early. Sex is natural, violence is arguably NOT!

Writing the above, I kinda felt a little right wing in my thinking, but then I put it to my so called right wing friends and they hated the idea and are more minded to put a gun in a child's hand and say, well hay its not that that made them kill, it was just the tool they used.

All I say is I am generally liberal and...Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Me must be too stupid.


I'll talk economics next time. Gotta a wedding to go to.

H.

No comments: